Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Look

I've been stuck in a rut as far as style goes for quite a while.  I've always dreamed of being the well dressed one at a party, the one people look to for fashion advice, the person not afraid to mix pattern, sheen, and textures.  Alas, I am the one that blends in with the wall most days, wearing clothes from several years ago-most of which were bought by my mother-in-law.  I worry what I would wear was it not for her (she buys me nice things) but I just don't go out of my way to go shopping, especially now that I have my little man to tote around.  I decided the other day, after another long look into the mirror at my brassy dyed hair, frumpy jeans, and baggie shirt, that it was time to make a change, if not now, when.  Well, that's what I said when I decided to dye my hair blonde, and that didn't really turn out, so hopefully this will be a better outcome.  Here's a few looks that I think I have always envisioned for myself.  I've got to start the transformation with an awesome pair of boots-that's where I will start.


Here's an example of an outfit I would love, laid back yet bright and put together from Anthropologie:
Yet more from Pinterest:
and another:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.