Sunday, April 1, 2012

T-shirt Rug!


Well, I finally finished my t-shirt rug for Colby's room.  It is about 3 feet by 2 feet and contains at least 12 different shirts.  It was quite the time consuming process, but once I got the knack of it latch hooking was a good activity while watching tv.  I was doing my darnedest not to start another project until I finished the rug so that is part of the reason I haven't been posting much.  The other part is that March felt like summer and when I wasn't feeding the babe, we were outside playing. 


Basically I cut all my t-shirts into really long strips, then cut those balls of yarn into little strips about 4 inches long, and then I latch hooked them onto the rug backing I picked up at JoAnns, and then I gave the rug a hair cut so all the ends were even-which worked much better than when I try to cut my own bangs.   Any who, good luck to those that attempt this it takes a lot of time and a lot of t-shirts. 

***Tips*** use all cotton t-shirts because they form a nice curl when pulled.  Also I found latch hooking in a diagonal pattern was faster than hooking them on horizontally.  If you go to church garage sales I have found that the last few hours they let you fill a whole bag of clothes for a few dollars-or maybe this is just for me since I always look a bit disheveled carrying Colby around on my hip.  Anywho, good luck***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.