Monday, May 23, 2011

IKEA, Oh My


This weekend I made my first venture to IKEA.  My husband, Colby (4 months), and I made the venture on Saturday because it was rainy and rather miserable.  I toted Colby around in a front carrier, and thank God, I can't imagine how crappy our trip would've been with a stroller or cart to push.  It was a mad house.  There were just gobs of people everywhere.  We went to IKEA with the idea to buy an entertainment stand since we just got a new recliner and wanted to "finish" off the room furniture wise.  We had been using a stand we painstakingly agreed upon from Target five years ago. (See picture, see very little storage)

After a long adventure through the maze of the show room and then endless cavern of the warehouse and over fifteen minutes in line we made it out with our new TV stand.  Well, sort of, once we got home we decided that instead of some doors here we'd like to put drawers in instead so my husband ran back out to IKEA for the new configuration.  Then after hours and hours of assembly-everything comes completely un assembled-and dozens of card board boxes later-we have our new entertainment center.  Now I just need to find some baskets and decor for on and around it.  Oh the consumerism never ends.  Oh I forgot to mention the worst part, about midnight Colby woke up crying hysterically and I couldn't console him for about an hour, I think he was having nightmares of giant warehouses, mobs of people, and ceiling fans as big as our house (when you go to IKEA next time look up and you will see what I'm talking about). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.