Sunday, March 6, 2011

Frosty Paws-Frozen Dog Treat Recipe


Here's my first attempt at a non-baby item.  Our Golden Retriever is our first child, so I tend to cook and bake for her almost as much as for my husband.  This recipe my husband got from a coworker and she loves them.  I tweeked the recipe to make it healthier for her which is kind of humorous because I just baked myself a pan of brownies with lots of butter, sugar, and chocolate. She's supposed to hold the frozen treat between her paws, hence the name frosty paws, but she hasn't grasped that yet so she just licks and licks at it-which keeps her occupied for quite a bit longer. 

Frosty Paws Original Recipe
32 oz vanilla yogurt
1 ripe banana
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp honey


Blend everything together and pour into paper cups (since my dog is a big eater I put them in 8 oz glasses instead of smaller cups). Freeze.  When ready to eat run cup under hot water to release it and give it to your favorite pup.  I used plain yogurt and added extra water to dilute it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.