Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Preparations: Dresser

Finally, after a long long search, I found the dresser I've been wanting.  
Last weekend in a last ditch effort to get the dresser before the baby came I ran down to a nearby small town and visited their Goodwill.  This Goodwill is like none others I have met before-it is well organized, light, well staffed, and is clean.  Since my sister has two kids already I had a ton of clothes but few places to store them so I had been looking for a long low dresser that could fit under the window and possibly double as a changing table.  I found this treasure for $50.  It is very solid and heavy and all of the drawers work.  There are scratches on the top and some of the drawers but if I get ambitious this summer I could refinish it.  All and all I was pretty satisfied with my purchase-if only my husband had the same feelings about buying used furniture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.