Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Divine Sweet Saltines


I'm eating one of these delicious snacks as I'm typing. I got this recipe from my mom a few years ago and I haven't found an easier or tastier treat to share with family over the holidays and with only 4 ingredients it is hard to mess up. They may not be the prettiest, but all who try one will be pleasantly surprised.


Ingredients:
40 Saltine Crackers (one tube of crackers + 10 or so)
2 Sticks of butter
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 1/3 Cups of Chocolate Chips (I mix in white chocolate chips too)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Butter up heavily or line a large cookie sheet with foil. I've had problems with the foil sticking before so I usually opt for lots of butter on the pan. Spread crackers out in single layer on cookie sheet.
3. In saucepan melt butter and sugar then boil for 5 minutes. Pour mixture over crackers and place in oven for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
4. Top with Chocolate chips and wait a few minutes for them to warm up then spread them with a spoon. Place in freezer or outside if you live in the Midwest in the winter time. Break into pieces and store in a cool spot.
5. Try not to eat the whole batch before you deliver them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.