Friday, December 17, 2010

Frugal Friday-Baby Closet Organization

The quest for an organized closet has been jump started this week by the realization that my baby will be here very soon, and all of the clothes are in piles and stacks in the closet. I've been trying to find a low long dresser to put underneath the window on Craigslist, but to no avail. This summer I put in three shelves made of scrap laminate from Menards. Each 4 foot board was approximately 92 cents each. I used 3 elbow brackets on each so the total price for shelving was about 12 dollars-you can't beat that.



I've been looking for baskets or fabric cubes to use on the shelves, but they were all so pricey so I made some myself. I had several diaper boxes, wipe boxes, and other miscellaneous boxes around from purchases, so I put them to use. I wrapped each box with wrapping paper, made a label out of a contrasting color, and "laminated" them with packing tape. I labeled the boxes with permanent marker which can be removed with nail polish remover. Using supplies around the house I at least can go to sleep content that I can find everything in the closet that I will need should the baby come early. In the meantime I will still be perusing Craigslist each morning in hopes of finding the perfect dresser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.