One of my favorite things to eat on a cold morning are fresh warm cinnamon rolls. I'm especially fond of the kind you can buy at the store that come frozen and all you have to do is plop them onto a pan the night before and throw them in the oven the next morning. Scrumptious! I've also made these up as gifts for family and friends while visiting, and there is the added bonus that they may just want to make them while you stay:)
1. Find a cinnamon roll recipe and follow the recipe except once you have them formed and cut into rolls, put them on a greased pan and put them in the freezer instead of the oven.
2. Once rolls are frozen remove from pan and put in ziploc bag or container you plan on baking them in covered with plastic wrap.
3. The night before you want to bake them put them in a greased pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit out over night. In the morning place in the oven and enjoy once they are golden brown.
Variation on the rolls:
- Chewy Caramel Rolls: Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with brown sugar and pats of butter-the more the tastier.
- Gooey Caramel Rolls: Blend 1/2 Cup of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar and place in the bottom of the pan.
- Frosted Rolls: Mix up some cream cheese frosting (3 oz cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
- Glazed Rolls: Mix 1 Cup of powdered sugar with a few tablespoons of milk or cream to reach a smooth consistency and drizzle over the rolls.