Monday, November 28, 2011

Homemade Croutons


Yum, just thinking about these tasty treats makes my mouth water.  My neighbor across the street gets loaves of leftover Panera bread from another member at her church and she is kind enough to bring us a few loaves each month.  I had been neglecting to use the bread in the freezer so I thought I would try my hand at making some croutons.  They turned out great and I used them as snacks and toppings for mashed potatoes and even macaroni and cheese. 

1.  Cut up bread into small cubes.

2.  Place in oven at very low temp (150)  for about 15 minutes until dried out. 

3.  Melt 1/2 cup of butter in large pot with 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic.

4.  Add bread cubes at medium heat stirring periodically until they are toasted and golden brown.  I added some paremesean cheese when they were mostly toasted.  If you do this at the beginning the cheese will just burn.

5.  Cool and eat.  I stored mine for about a week in a bowl on the counter.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.