Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Shirts


I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here already.  We got our first snow this weekend and managed to venture out in the blizzard to go to the fabric store-which proved to be the thing to do because we hardly had to wait in line to get our fabric cut when usually it takes up to thirty minutes to get fabric cut.  I orginally saw a version of these shirts on Pinterest and thought to that I could make something even more fantastic.  My first idea was going to be to sew felt on for the bird's beak, eyes, and feather; but then I just tried out painting free hand and it was much easier then sewing small pieces on.  I dyed the onesies brown using RIT dark brown dye on the stove top.  The dyeing part was the most fun so I'm looking forward to experimenting dye even more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.