Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Side Cabinet Redo

Earlier this summer on one of my secret garage sale escapades I found this little side table.
 It was just made of cheap plywood but sturdy.  It looked as if it had been used in the garage at one point and had holes drilled into the top as if it was holding a tool. 
The tag said $2 so I bought it.  Let me back track a bit...prior to this my husband said, "Don't buy any furniture,"  so I brought the table in while he was at work and hid it by the cat litter until the time was right to tell him I had purchased furniture against his wishes...long story short he noticed it after about a week-the cat litter is by the washer and dryer and he rarely visits those parts of the house, he was a bit perturbed but, hey it was $2 so he couldn't get too mad. 

Process:

1.  I filled in the holes in the top with some wood putty.  Then sanded it down when it dried and reapplyed another coat, sanding afterward. 
2.  I primed the whole thing, did a light sanding after ward with 400 grit sand paper and then spray painted the whole thing with a few light coats of Paprika spray paint. 

3.  I reattached the hardware, and wholla, a fancy new dresser-my husband has volunteered to make a drawer so the whole finished product picture will be postponed for a bit...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.