Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homemade Baby Girl Shoes


 This past weekend I worked on making a pair of cute shoes for my niece.  I found this awesome tutorial to make some cute ruffled slip on shoes. Click on the picture to go to her website fleetingthing.com.  The tutorial was very clear and concise.  I added about a half inch to the pattern to make the longer.  I had some issues with the sewing machine when I was making the ruffles so I just used some elastic on the back.  I ended up realizing that these shoes were going to be a bit too small for my chunky niece (22 Ibs at 6 months) so I didn't spend as much time on the details as I should have and Colby had to take one for the team and try on girl shoes.  
Here's mine made from one of my husband's old dress shirts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.