Monday, December 12, 2011

DIY Card Wreath

I finally got around to making a wreath, I've had the components for a few weeks now so I'm relieved to have it finally done and crossed off my list.  Originally I was just going to make the wreath with one embroidery hoop but I thought it looked to skimpy and thin so I decided to add in a smaller hoop to make it actually look like a wreath.  I also had a terrible time with the bow, at first I tried to tie a regular bow with two big loops, but after searching google for tips and untying and tying it numerous times this is what I ended up with.  It was quite simple to make.


1.  Get two hoops of varying sizes.
2.  Using twine tie it to the top of the big hoop then weave it in and out of the little hoop.  The first wrap the twine was really spread out, just so I could get the little hoop positioned in the center.
3.  Continue around the hoops filling in the gaps until it looks pleasing to your eye.
4.  Tye a bow, or at least try to.
5.  Place clothespins in the twine.  I didn't use glue I just kind of got the clothespins tangled up so they can be repositioned depending on how many pictures/cards I have. 
6.  Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.