Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gifts for the Sewer

I always have a hard time buying presents for my family because I tend to be more on the practical side:  sure those slipper are pretty, but they've got three pairs they don't wear, so it makes it very difficult to gift.  Many of the ladies are also very big on sewing and crafting so I've run across a few good ideas for gifting.

Tutorial Here



This one is not only pretty, but practical as well since you can store buttons and odds and ends down below. (free)











Amazon.com






I just got this book from my good friend and I love it!  There are so many great patterns and bag ideas.  It explains how to make pockets, do lining, and everything else.  I'm excited to start my bag making. ($17.00)










amazon.com








This BurdaStyle book looks great and looks like it has some great ideas on clothes making.  I'm sure it would just add to my long list of projects to do, but I'm willing to sacrifice that to have the book.  (20.00)



Find them Here  (best for the beginner sewer)
















These sewing sissors would be great for the sewer just starting out.  My mom gave me a pair shortly after graduating college and I love them.  They make cutting fabric a breeze, and they look really scary so you can defend yourself if you ever get burglarized while you are sewing. ($27.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.