Friday, December 23, 2011

Homemade Mozzerella Sticks

Mine didn't nearly look this good these are from tasteofhome.com.  Recipe found here

I ran across this recipe for Mozzarella Sticks quite a while ago and saved it in my bookmarks.  I finally got the chance to use it yesterday when I ventured out to the grocery store solo-I'm used to going with Colby everywhere-so I'm sure I narrated the whole grocery shopping experience out loud like I normally do: "Okay, now let's get some potatoes, do you see the potatoes?" I'm sure I took the cake for the craziest shopper in the store even with all of the holiday traffic.  I had a leisurely shop and discovered just above the carrots there's a tofu section, above the asparagus are egg roll wrappers, and there's a whole isle dedicated to Mexican and Asian delicacies.  So, I picked up some egg roll wrappers, tofu (I've never had it before), and some garlic pepper sauce from the Asian isle (I hope this is politically correct).   I remember my mom making homemade egg rolls when we were little, so I'm looking forward to trying that as well, since the mozzerella sticks weren't amazing. 


So here's mine, I know I know, not that delicious looking, and a fancy camera wouldn't have made them look any better...so basically I just took an egg roll wrapper, placed a hunk of cheese in it and rolled them up, sealing the edges with a bit of water.  I then fried them up in a few tablespoons of veggie oil for about 8 minutes total.  They weren't bad, but I definitely wouldn't say they were finger licking good.  Better luck next time I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.