Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mittens Made from Sweaters

Pic from Mossymossy.com and tutorial can be found here.
A few weeks ago I was at the dentist office waiting in the reception area for my appointment.  I over heard my dental assistant going chatting on and on with a woman patient about the mittens she makes out of old sweaters.  The gal was selling her mittens to the office employees and she mentioned how ticked she was that a gal from a church bought a pair, copied them, and then started the whole church making them for fundraising.  The only thought in my head was, "Man, I wish I could just get a glimpse of her mittens so I could make some too."  Well, I never did catch a glance, so I have to resort to the internet.  I found this great tutorial on Mossymossy.com which looks like a really fun blog to peruse through.  The directions look very clear to follow, but I just am waiting for an opportunity to run out to Goodwill and pick up some wool sweaters.  Good Luck if you make these.

2 comments:

  1. These do look cute, EM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you. I still haven't tried them since I haven't run across any wool-y sweaters, but when I do I'll be sure to add some pictures. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.