Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Freezer Paper Stencils

Occasionally I spend a few hours checking out some of my favorite blogs looking for fun inexpensive craft and gift ideas.  I ran across this idea of making your own stencils and decorating t-shirts, bags, pillows, and everything you could think of.  First off Freezer paper is similar to wax paper but it has a waxy plasticy substance just on one side.  Basically you cut out your design out of the freezer paper, iron onto your fabric waxy side down.  It will stick to your fabric so you can then paint recklessly over the cut out parts.  You then remove the paper and magically you have an awesome looking design.  If you visit here you can see a tutorial specifically of how to do this project. Here are some examples of what freezer paper stenciled items can look like:
artfulparent.wordpress.com
I really love the birdy look.  I think this will be one of the first designs I try out-Maybe on some printed pillows.  I'm excited.

chrysanthemum.typepad.com
I'm thinking my nephews and niece are going to have tons of personalized items, perhaps I should try to limit the amount though so strangers don't try to abduct them since they'll know their names.  Hmm.

  
stitchcraftcreations.com

I'm loving the two tone stencil.  These stencils will take a bit more time and work, but the end product is definitely worth it.  I've bought a pack of five plain t-shirts for my nephews and I"m thinking little giraffe shirts would be awesome.  I really think the possibilities are endless at what can be created and I like having the option of adding some special touches to gifts.  The freezer paper is about five dollars for a gigantic roll and I've got tons of fabric paint hanging around so it makes for a really inexpensive project. 

bellgirl.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.