Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How to Hide Your TV

Now that we have a gigantic entertainment center and humongous TV, I would like to try to make it not such a prominent feature of the room.  If I had lots of money-feel free to send donations-I would get a framed mirror that fits over the TV that looks like a mirror until you turn it on and then you can see the TV.  Here's a picture of a model when Oprah had them on her show.  Candice Olson has also utilized them on Divine Design. 
Images came from Hiddentelevision.com
Images came from Hiddentelevision.com
Since I can't afford $300+ dollars on a TV mirror I'll have to settle with other design tactics.  The best idea that I can come up with is to use some really big framed art behind the TV so your eye isn't automatically drawn to the big black box. 

From Coastal Living              
Not entirely art, but very distracting from TV
apartmentinteriordesign.org

Another way to hide my television could be to build the shelves up and around the television.  I somehow don't think my husband would like to give up another weekend assembling IKEA furniture though, bummer.
Divine Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.