Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Baptism Outfit

Last weekend we finally got Colby baptized-he's 3 months-but with the Easter holiday and our in laws away for the winter our choices were limited.  I looked and looked and looked for a baptism outfit but had a hard time finding anything white in the baby section.  Apparently white isn't a good color for little ones.  Instead of going out and buying an expensive outfit online I decided to try my hand at sewing one.  I bought about 9 dollars in fabric-with quite a bit remaining-and used some of his pants and shirts as patterns.  I made a shirt, pants, and a little vest for him to wear.  I went through a lot of trial and error on this outfit.  The first vest I made turned out wonderfully, but it was probably about two sizes too small so it will now be a doll outfit.  The pants were kind of tricky because I needed extra room for the diaper so I had to add an extra piece of fabric in the crotch area.  One of the hardest things I discovered were hems and cuffs.  working with such small pieces of fabric is nearly impossible and I managed to sew the leg openings shut a few times.  All and all it looks pretty good.  Once I get some of the actual pictures from the baptism day I'll post those as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.