Thursday, May 5, 2011

Letter Collage Wedding Present


Wow, I'm pretty excited about this project.  When we went to the Craftstravaganza there was a booth that a lady had photographs of letters and then you could spell out whatever cheesy thing you wanted like BELIEVE, LOVE, etc.  I stumbled upon this project on a few different blogs at Under the Table and Dreaming  and Full of Great Ideas.  I'm so excited because I've got a wedding to go to in a few weeks and I have a hard time coming up with heart felt gifts and not just things from gift registries.  I suppose they really want the things from the gift registry, but they seem so impersonal.  So I'll run down through with a quick tutorial. 

Here's some examples from other places:
Full of Great Ideas



Full of Great Ideas
Under the Table and Dreaming

1.   First you need to figure out what you want it to say.  I used graph paper and started with a 9x9 or there are 16x16 options.  So for mine I did SOUKUP 2011 since that will be their last name and their wedding year.  So many options are out there you just have to play around with it. 

2.  Go to this flikr stream of photos of letters and  numbers

3.  Choose a letter you want.  Click on the photo you like and then at the top left hand corner there is a pull down tab that says actions.  Click on it and choose view all sizes. 

4.  Choose to do the original size or the 1024x1024 for the best resolution.  Next click on Download_________size of photo.  Do this for all your letters and numbers. 

5.  Next go to Shutterfly.com and find the collage poster.  It is under photogifts and then collage posters. 

6.  Choose the size and format you want.  I went with 11x14 and 9 pictures.

7.  Upload pictures to an album (you will need to start a shutterfly account) and then drop the pictures where you want them. 

8.  Order and wait.  My order was 10 dollars which included shipping, a pretty good buy if you ask me. 

9.  Frame and gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.