Monday, May 9, 2011

Yo-yo Inspirational Ideas

It seems that the yo-yos are our only mastered "flower" so far, so I thought I could come up with some fun ideas of what to do with these fabulous little delicacies.  I was orginally inspired by an Ethan Allen picture of a blanket that was completely made up of yo-yos in different shades of white.  Awesome.


If you are unsure of how to make yo-yos there is a great tutorial here from Zakka Life.  Apparently there are also yo-yo makers out there, but I would completely see that as cheating.  If there is such a thing as cheating in crafting, I suppose it would just be more of a short cut.  Any who, back to some inspirational projects.






I'm not really sure if this would be all that comfortable, but it is pretty cool to look at.  Guess it is a good way to try to make some money off scraps of fabric at 45 dollars a pop.  Go here to find it.  Now that I've gotten my fanciful ideas out here, let's look at some more stylish functional options. 







I love the color combinations on this pillow.  I've been meaning to update my couch pillows for quite some time and this may be a fun way to do it.  I just need to find some fun fabric.  
This Pillow comes from Sew Mama Sew and there is a tutorial here also. 
















Here's another awesome idea that wouldn't be too time intensive but it would be very high impact.  The tutorial is here for the tank and t here are also some other fun sewing ideas at Stitch in My Side.  You can visit this link here to find out more info.










 Gwen would have this ugly yo-yo blanket. (Sorry Gwen)



This one is awesome!  Apparently it is an antique yo-yo blanket.  A crazy amount of time must have gone into this, but this would be a great activity to do while watching TV.  Go here to find out more info. 













This is what it looks like when yo-yos go bad.  You can go here to find this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.