Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grilled Eggplant

As Summer is approaching we have started to grill more.  My husband and I are also trying to eat healthier and trim down.  I believe I heard somewhere that eggplant is a super food-so I picked one up at the grocery store with no idea of how to make it.  The only way I had made eggplant before is in eggplant Parmesan where it is coated in egg, bread crumbs, and topped with pizza sauce and cheese.  I got the basis for this recipe from allrecipes.com.  I found the eggplant to be quite delicious although my husband refused to try them.  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 eggplant
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp vinegar (balsamic or apple cider)
1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
Dash or Salt and pepper
2-3 Cloves of Pressed Garlic

Directions:
1.  In a medium sized bowl or shallow pan whisk together all ingredients except eggplant.
2.  Peel eggplant. (a normal potato peeler won't work so I just use a sharp knife)
3.  Cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick.  (My eggplant yielded about a dozen discs)
4.  Dip eggplant discs into mixture then place on medium grill for about 6 minutes on each side.  Take off grill.
5.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.