Friday, June 10, 2011

Conquering the Mighty Pineapple- How to Cut a Pineapple


Pineapples for a long time intimidated me-such a pokey fortress how in the world could I get inside to the tasty fruity flesh-then I gave it a whirl.  Yum.

1.  Buy a pineapple.  I look for one that doesn't looks solid with no soft spots.  Rarely have I had a bad pineapple.

2.  Using a sharp knife cut the top off.

3.  Next Cut the pineapple in half through the middle and then through the middle again.

4.  Cut out the core.  It should be a whiter chunk of flesh down the center of each chunk of pineapple.  I accidentally cut a bit too much off in this picture but then you just get to munch along the core and get a snack.


5.  Cut along the skin-try not to cut too much off or you'll end up with barbs in your pineapple chunks. 

6.  Cut the pineapple into chunks and eat!


7.  See post about growing your own pineapple from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.