Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eczema-let the lotions begin

Yesterday we took our little boy Colby to the dermatologist because he has been having chronically dry red patches on his skin and cracking in his fat creases and ankles.  The Dr. didn't even look at Colby closely and diagnosed him with having Atopic Dermatitis AKA eczema.  He prescribed some steroids and recommended some expensive over the counter soap and lotion. I probably should mention that this dermatologist has been spotlighted in numerous magazines and won many awards, so he must know what he's doing...He said to bathe Colby 1-2 times daily-which I hadn't been doing because I thought it would dry him out more, and apply Cerave twice a day.  I asked how long we'd have to do it and the nurse said until Colby can do it himself, but hopefully he'll out grow it in a few years. 
This cream looks pretty generic but it runs for over $14 a jar-but it works fabulously.  Apparently it repairs the skin while moisturizing.  I've been using it on my hands and face some and I'm feeling pretty soft.  I would recommend this lotion for anyone with dry skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.