Monday, June 13, 2011

How to Make Diapers Out of T-shirts...

Yes, I know, another diaper post, but that is what I find myself mainly making.  This time I'm going to attempt to upload the pattern that I use.  I had this old t-shirt that I have been holding onto because I love the design, but with numerous stains I couldn't wear it out of the house, so not it will be a poo catcher:) 

1.  Start with  a t-shirt.
2.  Cut out 2 pattern pieces.
3.  Cut out soaker pad out of old towels-I do two layers.
4.  Sew soaker pad to one piece of t-shirt on the wrong side (not the design side)
5.  Sew both pieces of diaper together right sides together-leaving a few inch gap to turn right side out.
6.  Turn right side out.
7.   Top Stitch around edges making sure to go all the way around.
8.  Pin on baby.


Here's the Pattern


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.