Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How to Make a Nightlight Cover


Alrighty, so when Colby was finally able to stay in his crib in his own room I had to go shopping for nightlights.  I was highly dissappointed at the options and cost of "pretty" nightlights available. I ended up getting a twelve dollar frog nightlight and we had one with a regular shade in the bathroom, I decided it was time to dress up the regular one today. It turned out alright, but I think I may give it another go later.

1.  Start with a nightlight and soap box.

2.  Cut box to reinforce sides.  Using masking tape tape around box for extra stability if desired, and measure from previous shade where you need to cut out the bottom.

 3.  Modge podge around box with newspaper.
4.  Then modge podge picture on or decorate however you wish.  If you want more light to get through you could experiment with cutting out holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.