Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ice Cream Fudge Sauce Recipe

Yum.  This recipe was passed down to me by my mom.  I remember her making this thick gooey sauce on the stove top as a treat.  Most ingredients can be found in the average person's pantry so it is a quick way to spice up some ice cream and delight your family.  I found last night that both cans of my evaporated milk were expired and turned into some brown gross goop, so I replaced it with skim milk which made the sauce a bit thinner, but still delicious, it did thicken some after being cooled in the fridge over night though. 

Ingredients:
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of baking cocoa
1 Can of evaporated milk (5 oz.)
1/3 Cup of corn syrup
1/3 Cup of butter
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla

Directions:  In a saucepan bring sugar, syrup, cocoa, and milk to boil stirring constantly.  Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.  Take off heat and stir in butter and vanilla.  Enjoy with ice cream, brownies, or any other delectable goodness you can come up with.  Yum.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.