Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Garden!

 One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.  ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Colby and I finally got the garden in today and I'm so excited to watch it all grow.  I planted corn, beans, peas, beets, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, pumpkins, peppers, and tomatoes.  Apparently the soil is very sandy up here in Minnesota so hopefully everything will grow for me.  The dog has discovered that she can enter through the back side of the garden, but hopefully she will forget about it and be intimidated by the little yellow and red flags so she won't destroy the garden.  

I absolutely loved the last few days digging in the dirt and grime-it made me feel more connected and grounded.  I picked so many worms out of the newly turned sod I can't count them, but hopefully they will return the favor of my saving them with a bountiful harvest.  Only time will tell if I will have a vegetable garden or a weedy patch.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.