Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Homemade Burp Cloths

Oh holy moly, I can't beleive how many burp cloths we go through.  Not only do I use quite a few for baby urps, nursing, and just spills, but Kola our Golden Retriever will bring them to us whenever we leave them within her reach.  I made it my goal to replicate some of the rags that my sister had given me-and mission complete.
I Started with some terry cloth from Jo Ann's (I got it 50% off with a coupon) it was about 7 dollars a yard which sounds expensive but I made about ten cloths out of half a yard.  I also used some flannel that I had in the cupboard for the reverse side.  Basically the cloths are made by cutting out two pieces of fabric in the size you want.  I made an assortment of sizes and sew them together right sides together leaving a small gap to turn the right side out, and then stitch around the top of the cloth and you are done.  Wholla, what a great easy cheap present for those expectant moms. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking! All feedback is loved be it positive, negative, and anywhere in between.